When it comes to talking to your spouse, significant other, accountant, team or anyone else about your business, finances and all the things that are working and not working, you might feel like crying and you might not want to do it.
We are going to talk today about how to have the tough conversations (and not cry!) because it’s an important skill to develop and takes both intention and practice.
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why it’s important to include other people in your business decisions and seek opportunities for accountability and constructive feedback.
- What we think the keys to successfully navigating business in marriage or committed relationships are
- The #1 most important thing to remember when communicating with others about your business
- Behind the scenes stories about our own real life experiences (that will hopefully help you feel better about your own!)
Referenced in the Show:
Sponsor Spotlight: Trello
Have you been introduced you to what I call my “work wife” yet? If not, let me make the introduction. Meet Trello– the magical unicorn of amazingness that allows me to run my life, business and team with ease without completely and totally losing my mind (what’s left of it anyway).
I believe every person with a life, home and business needs an awesome (and free!) place to manage their projects, schedules, homes and teams and keep everything important in their lives in one central spot that can be revisited time and time again while giving access to anyone else that needs it.
I love and believe in Trello so much that I created a super amazing, in-depth (free!) training that gives you a behind-the-scenes look into how exactly I use Trello to keep everything working like a well-oiled machine. Check it out here. I promise your life will never be the same.
Connect with Dana & NJ
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.