In this episode I am chatting with Monica Froese all about the realities of being a working mom, the plethora of things that need to be changed in corporate company culture and how women can create better work arrangements for themselves and their families.
Monica Froese is a mom, wife, author, and entrepreneur with an MBA degree in finance and a wildly popular blog, Redefining Mom, that she writes to empower working moms to find flexible work arrangements.
She has traveled to the White House to discuss family-friendly workplace policies and helps moms find their version of balance through building online businesses and escape the 9-5.
Monica has a wealth of knowledge to share and this conversation ended up being such a cool back and forth dialogue about both of our corporate experiences, and how we can all play a part in changing the game for working moms everywhere.
Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher
In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- How experiencing postpartum PTSD from a traumatic birth and being expected back at work fueled Monica’s passion for empowering working women, and her desire to work for herself, on her terms.
- How she got her first big “break” that ended up getting her invited to the White House to participate in a Working Families roundtable event honoring people who have made a difference in the country for family-friendly policy.
- Why and how she has chosen to structure her life and business in a way that works for her
Referenced in the Show:
(Just FYI, some of these links may be affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase using the links I may receive some love in return!)
Sponsor Spotlight: Trello
Have you been introduced you to what I call my “work wife” yet? If not, let me make the introduction. Meet Trello– the magical unicorn of amazingness that allows me to run my life, business and team with ease without completely and totally losing my mind (what’s left of it anyway).
I believe every person with a life, home and business needs an awesome (and free!) place to manage their projects, schedules, homes and teams and keep everything important in their lives in one central spot that can be revisited time and time again while giving access to anyone else that needs it.
I love and believe in Trello so much that I created a super amazing, in-depth (free!) training that gives you a behind-the-scenes look into how exactly I use Trello to keep everything working like a well-oiled machine. Check it out here. I promise your life will never be the same.
Connect with Dana & Monica
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.