Episode 16: How Virtual Personal Training Can Help Us Reach Our Goals w/Jeff McMahon
For busy working parents, going to the gym isn’t exactly the easiest thing to fit into our schedules. However, we can still get in a workout without leaving the house. Why is virtual training such a great new way for entrepreneurs to stay fit, and why is it something very few people know about? How does virtual training help us stay accountable to our fitness goals?
On this episode, virtual personal trainer Jeff McMahon shares on how he started his business, and why this type of training is so great for entrepreneurs.
The accountability is the main thing a virtual trainer offers, along with convenience. -Jeff McMahon
Things We Learned From This Episode
- How Jeff connected with influencers (04:59 – 06:05)
Training Pat Flynn for free, for a year, was a strategy to get a powerful testimonial and to connect to other influencers and entrepreneurs looking for a great personal trainer. It may not have brought in business instantly, but it did pay off in the long-run.
- The biggest problem virtual training solves (06:29 – 07:43)
Going to the gym is not complicated, but people are often too busy to make it happen. At the same time, working out on our own lacks the accountability that takes us to the next level. A virtual trainer solves this problem very well.
- Why a virtual trainer helps us know more about our body (12:48 – 13:13)
Most people don’t know how to listen to their bodies, and it’s often unclear where to look for reliable information and guidance. A virtual personal trainer represents a wealth of knowledge, and an understanding of how to apply that knowledge to your needs and goals.
A lot of moms and dads spend their time putting everyone else first, to the point that they start neglecting themselves. The truth is, we’re only hurting everyone else because they don’t get to see us at 100% happiness. A virtual personal trainer can make it easier for us to take that time for self-care, while helping us to reach or maintain our fitness goals with better consistency than we could on our own.
Jeff is the founder of Total Body Construction and a virtual fitness trainer to the stars. He works with online entrepreneurs looking to maximize their health for their business by allowing them to workout at home and get right back into their day to day tasks. He holds people accountable and make working out convenient. Go to http://tbc.fit for a free assessment and to http://tbc.fit/bootcamp/ to find out more about the bootcamp training.
- Strengthen your marriage — How can you juggle all the activities of a family and still find time for deep connection, love and intimacy?
- Master your emotions — How can you keep your cool, minimize anger and lead with confidence?
- Find balance — How can you succeed in business and at home?
- Attain optimal health — Raising kids takes massive energy, so what are the strategies for creating peak physical, emotional and spiritual health?
- Communicate effectively — How do you know when to listen and when to speak up and lead?
If you’re ready to level up your dad game, let’s get right to it: https://frontrowdads.com/start-here/
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.