Master Your Own PR with Christina Nicholson. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Christina gives practical tips for growing you own media presence and growing your business. This episode is sponsored by Pierce Social.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How TV isn’t as glamorous as it seems and how being a TV mom changed her life.
- Being a mom entrepreneur and having her own schedule.
- Taking time for self-care in the midst of a busy business.
- When it’s right to hire public relations help and when someone can do it themselves.
- How important it is to get media coverage.
- Why it’s important to promote your story.
Sponsor: Pierce Social
Is social media management a huge time suck for you? Pierce Social’s free 5 Day Challenge is designed to help you reduce the time spent on your social media marketing tasks & create a system for managing it. This challenge includes a free Trello board. Get her free challenge NOW!
Pierce Social is also sharing the love and offering the Boss Mom listeners a 40% discount on her NEW workbook through February 10th. They can use the discount code BOSSMOM.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Success isn’t defined by what happens between 9-5. – Christina
More about our guest, Christina Nicholson.
Christina Nicholson is a former TV reporter and anchor who now owns a public relations firm, Media Maven. She helps small business owners earn exposure through media relations, video production, writing, and blogging. She also recently launched Master your PR – an online course that teaches solopreneurs how to handle public relations on their own.
The e-course, (Dana’s affiliate link) Master your PR, is designed for small business owners and solopreneurs who want to earn media exposure for their business, but do not have a budget to hire a firm.
I also offer a free mini-version via email. For Boss Moms, Christina has her special link here.
Facebook / Website / Instagram / Twitter
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.