Episode 13: Why Pat Flynn Started a Podcast With His 8-Year Old Son
Podcasting can be an effective way to build an audience and spend time with our loved ones. How can it help us build relationships with the people we would like to work with? How can we establish ourselves as experts in our niche by associating ourselves with other experts? How do we share information that gets remembered by our audience?
In this episode, Pat Flynn talks about how podcasting can be a powerful tool in both our personal and business lives.
Even if you start from scratch, a podcast is a great way to build an audience. -Pat Flynn
Things We Learned From This Episode
- Podcasting can help us develop a better understanding of what our audience needs (13:30- 15:10)
Podcasting is a great way to achieve clarity on what our audience wants before we launch products or services. It also helps us with our branding efforts. If we have time and need exposure, podcasting can be a great way to build our business and brand.
- Tactics and strategies are more memorable when told in the context of a story (19:00-20:00)
People are more likely to remember what we say when we use a story or put a quirky fact next to it. When we interview our guests, it’s important that we don’t just ask questions about how they succeeded, but also talk about their background story as well.
- Each podcast should have an end goal (20:10- 22:00)
Having a goal in the back of our mind helps us set the tone of our podcast. We need to know from the beginning what we want to achieve so each episode is not just a shot in a dark, but a step closer to a goal.
A podcast can be a great way to understand what our audience really wants, to get more exposure, or even to capture moments with our kids. Podcasting also provides us with clarity and the freedom of playing with multiple points of view. It’s easier to serve our audience when we have this avenue to know what they want. Podcasting enables us to better understand the people we want to serve, and ultimately start a conversation with them.
Recently, he started All Of Your Beeswax, a podcast about business for parents and kids, with his 8-year old son, Keoni.
Last year, Pat was on the list of 25 Marketing Influencers to watch in 2017 by Forbes, and his podcast has consistently ranked in the top 10 on iTunes in the business category.
- Strengthen your marriage — How can you juggle all the activities of a family and still find time for deep connection, love and intimacy?
- Master your emotions — How can you keep your cool, minimize anger and lead with confidence?
- Find balance — How can you succeed in business and at home?
- Attain optimal health — Raising kids takes massive energy, so what are the strategies for creating peak physical, emotional and spiritual health?
- Communicate effectively — How do you know when to listen and when to speak up and lead?
If you’re ready to level up your dad game, let’s get right to it: https://frontrowdads.com/start-here/
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.