Episode 13: Why Pat Flynn Started a Podcast With His 8-Year Old Son
Podcasting can be an effective way to build an audience and spend time with our loved ones. How can it help us build relationships with the people we would like to work with? How can we establish ourselves as experts in our niche by associating ourselves with other experts? How do we share information that gets remembered by our audience?
In this episode, Pat Flynn talks about how podcasting can be a powerful tool in both our personal and business lives.
Even if you start from scratch, a podcast is a great way to build an audience. -Pat Flynn
Things We Learned From This Episode
- Podcasting can help us develop a better understanding of what our audience needs (13:30- 15:10)
Podcasting is a great way to achieve clarity on what our audience wants before we launch products or services. It also helps us with our branding efforts. If we have time and need exposure, podcasting can be a great way to build our business and brand.
- Tactics and strategies are more memorable when told in the context of a story (19:00-20:00)
People are more likely to remember what we say when we use a story or put a quirky fact next to it. When we interview our guests, it’s important that we don’t just ask questions about how they succeeded, but also talk about their background story as well.
- Each podcast should have an end goal (20:10- 22:00)
Having a goal in the back of our mind helps us set the tone of our podcast. We need to know from the beginning what we want to achieve so each episode is not just a shot in a dark, but a step closer to a goal.
A podcast can be a great way to understand what our audience really wants, to get more exposure, or even to capture moments with our kids. Podcasting also provides us with clarity and the freedom of playing with multiple points of view. It’s easier to serve our audience when we have this avenue to know what they want. Podcasting enables us to better understand the people we want to serve, and ultimately start a conversation with them.
Pat Flynn is an entrepreneur, blogger, and podcast host. He is best known for his website Smart Passive Income, where he shares tactics and the results of his business experiments.
Recently, he started All Of Your Beeswax, a podcast about business for parents and kids, with his 8-year old son, Keoni.
Last year, Pat was on the list of 25 Marketing Influencers to watch in 2017 by Forbes, and his podcast has consistently ranked in the top 10 on iTunes in the business category.
FRONT ROW DADS IS DESIGNED TO HELP YOU…
- Strengthen your marriage — How can you juggle all the activities of a family and still find time for deep connection, love and intimacy?
- Master your emotions — How can you keep your cool, minimize anger and lead with confidence?
- Find balance — How can you succeed in business and at home?
- Attain optimal health — Raising kids takes massive energy, so what are the strategies for creating peak physical, emotional and spiritual health?
- Communicate effectively — How do you know when to listen and when to speak up and lead?
1 thought on “Episode 13: Why Pat Flynn Started a Podcast With His 8-Year Old Son”
This is so awesome. Congrats on the podcast. I hear more and more people talking about starting a podcast these days! Sounds like it could be an amazing benefit.