Eating Clean and Cooking Dirty with Samantha Rodgers. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Samantha and Dana talk about eating healthy, establishing good food relationships and creating a good eating plan. Sponsored by Throwing Pinecones Gathering.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Samantha started out in design, and the journey that her passions have led her on.
- Samantha’s experience in becoming a mom.
- How she found that keeping things minimal and took little steps made all the difference.
- Meal prep made simple.
- Making food a family ritual.
- Keeping food shopping and meals simplified and stress-free.
- Changing the way you eat and establishing a healthy relationship with food.
- How Samantha transformed her mornings to overcome overwhelm.
Our Podcast Sponsor: Throwing Pinecones Gathering
The Throwing Pincones Gathering is a one-day event in Portland, OR, to help Christian women foster vulnerability, growth and depth in Christ. At the Throwing Pinecones Gathering, you will be equipped with the tools you need to seek this strength and courage and empower you to utilize them. All proceeds of the event go to benefit the human trafficking education and awareness through the organization She Has a Name.
To get your ticket to the event, visit their website, Throwing Pinecones.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- I thought I never wanted to do anything with food. – Samantha
- You brought your life back to balance with paleo and CrossFit. – Dana
- Our gifts are shown highlighted necessities – Dana
- What steps do I need to take and how long will it take to see results from those steps. – Samantha
- We’re not looking for more, we’re looking for what matters. – Samantha
- You can spend 1-2 hours a week prepping, so you spend 20 minutes a day in the kitchen cooking. – Samantha
- Are you going to teach your kids to eat healthy? It’s a choice you have to make. – Dana
- Any change we make around food, it needs to start at the epicenter and that’s at home. – Samantha
- Stop going to the grocery store and picking up food, pick up meals instead. – Dana
*Photo credit: Samantha Rodgers. This is the hamburger that Dana mentions in the podcast episode.
More about our guest, Samantha Rodgers.
Sam is a Boss-Mom with a passion for food. Her love of food has grown from her family history. Today, she combines her love of food and her ability to simplify the process of cooking to help mom’s increase family time and decrease kitchen time without sacrificing clean delicious meals.
Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram / Free Trial
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.