How to be the CEO of Your Own Business with Maggie Patterson. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Maggie shares her tips, tricks and best practices when starting a business and hiring a coach. Sponsored by Throwing Pinecones Gathering.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Maggie’s boss mom journey complete with her starting her own business at 18!
- Her current business.
- The answer to the question of how to find a first client as an entrepreneur.
- The power of networking.
- Hiring and outsourcing as business owners.
- Investing in a business coach.
- What is important for a new business owner.
Our Podcast Sponsor: Throwing Pinecones Gathering
The Throwing Pincones Gathering is a one-day event in Portland, OR, to help Christian women foster vulnerability, growth and depth in Christ. At the Throwing Pinecones Gathering, you will be equipped with the tools you need to seek this strength and courage and empower you to utilize them. All proceeds of the event go to benefit the human trafficking education and awareness through the organization She Has a Name.
To get your ticket to the event, visit their website, Throwing Pinecones.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- If you’re an entrepreneur at heart, you’re going to figure business out as you go. – Maggie
- It’s important to get really good with what you do and getting known for that expertise. – Maggie
- One to one networking is important! – Maggie
- Selling is an invitation and allowing others to see what you’re offering. – Maggie
- Get a coach before you get a course because a coach will be helping you directly. – Dana
- When working with a coach, you really need to have chemistry and a connection before you put down money. – Maggie
- If you can look at a 12-week chunk, goals don’t seem so overwhelming. – Maggie
More about our guest, Maggie Patterson.
Maggie Patterson is a copywriter and communications strategist. She works hands-on with entrepreneurs to help them market their businesses, using content and communications strategies along with copy that converts, to meet business goals.
With more than 15 years of experience, she has worked with companies of all sizes from big brands to solopreneurs. After cutting her teeth during the dot-com bubble and bust in Canada’s leading PR agency, Maggie started her own highly successful marketing and communications consultancy.
Wife of the local volunteer fire chief and mom of the 11-year old Lego King, Maggie loves travel, her half acre outdoor oasis in the middle of nowhere, reading, papercrafts, wine and far too many other things to possibly list.
Facebook / Twitter / Website / Podcast
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.