Episode 018: The Power of Setting A Yearly Focus Word [Podcast]
How to pick a word of the year! Happy New Year! For this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Dana and NJ are back with a bang and talking about their words of the year for 2016, why it’s important to share hobbies with your kids and their current TV crushes. Let’s dive right in!
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Dana and NJ talk about their word of the year.
- Why NJ has two words for the year (hint hint… she’s got one for business and one for her personal life).
- How to make your word of the year meaningful.
- Why it’s okay if you don’t settle on a word of the year right away.
- Why it’s important to share your hobbies with your kids.
- Dana & NJ talk about their TV crushes… it’s adorable.
Recommended links and resources:
The cutie The Flash
The cutie Coach Eric Tayor
Can I quote you on that?
- I realized I spent too much time and energy trying to make things happen instead of being patient to see how things would play out. – NJ
- There has to be a why behind I everything do. Instead of throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks, I’m going to throw spaghetti at the wall because I know it will stick. -NJ
- I spent some time not working with ideal clients last year. The work wasn’t meaningful to me. – NJ
- I’m doing less this year, but I’m going to accomplish more. – Dana
- Do less, but do it better. -Dana
- I’m always a fan of any goal that includes the word napping. – NJ
- Setting a word can be really powerful for your year. – Dana.
- You’ve set a word for the year, but what are you going to to to make it purposeful for you? – Dana
- A word can mean nothing or a word can mean everything. – Dana
- Use your word of the year as a tool in your life, motherhood, relationships, and business. – NJ
- I set my goals from a place where my word of the year lived. – NJ
- There is nothing magical about January 1. – NJ
- It’s okay to not settle on a word right away. – NJ
- Let’s make 2016 the year we stop doing things that don’t matter to us. – Dana
- Don’t just work with people that make your heart sing, bring that into your motherhood too. Share your hobbies with your kids! – NJ
- With great power comes great responsibility. – Spiderman
- Super Heroes are not my love language. – NJ
Connect with Dana & NJ
We are so grateful for you, Boss Moms! If you loved this episode, could you please take a second to leave us a rating and review on iTunes? Doing so helps us reach more Boss Moms! And don’t forget, we’ve got an amazing Facebook Group just for you too. Here is the link to join us there (where we’ve got tons of awesome conversations happening about the intersection of business and motherhood).
What is your word of the year? How are you going to use it this year?
Are you Team Flash or Team Coach Taylor? Who is your TV crush?